Join the team.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day English-US copy creation for a key Johnnie Studio client, writing for a variety of assets and channels. Projects will include emails (both for promotions and customer communications), landing pages (paid and organic), and larger assets (e-books and infographics). This role will have daily interaction with one or more of our strategists, designers, and editorial managers for direction, collaboration, and support, and will frequently be working on multiple related assets simultaneously. Role is not client-facing and can be performed on-site in
Seattle or remotely.
- Day-to-day copy creation for a variety of client assets
- Deep understanding and ownership of client style guide, voice, and tone
- Asset updates for each round of client copy revision
- Copy creation for product and business line messaging/positioning frameworks
- Collaboration with strategists, editorial managers, and designers to help reach the best asset possible
Qualities we’re searching for:
- A clean and concise writer with an innate talent for communication of complex ideas
- Firm understanding of the tech industry, including cloud, software, and hardware
- Familiarity with both communications and advertising copy tactics
- Research capability, including document review to source copy and key information
- Ability to work within and make the most of a master voice and tone guide
- Understanding of how to write copy that will in turn be translated into multiple languages
- A collaborative spirit
- Eagerness to grow and adapt
- 3+ years in a copy creation role as a copywriter, managing editor, or similar job
- A flexible workspace, including remote workers
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Opportunities for rapid advancement in a growing team
About Johnnie Studio:
We’re not an agency. We’re not an algorithm. We’re explorers.
We focus on bringing human ingenuity and the spirit of emotional exploration back to the greater content ecosystem. We are writers and speakers, videographers and designers, journalists and journeyists. Our content expertise stretches across four primary disciplines — writing, audio, video, and print. Our accomplished leadership, seasoned team, and extensive network of niche specialists have both the resources and talent to create something that stands apart from the crowd.
Everyone has stories. We want to tell them.
FREELANCE /CONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES
As a growing studio that thrives on flexing and molding our resources to organically suit our client and studio needs, we constantly call upon our fantastic team of talented freelance/contract teammates. If you’re interested in a flexible work schedule or occasional/ongoing freelance opportunities, please reach out and introduce yourself!
We currently offer ongoing opportunities of this nature to experienced designers, writers, strategists, and developers.